August 15, 2019
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
Unauthorized access to Eurekahedge's website system
Eurekahedge Pte. Ltd. (Chairman & CEO: Takashi Minagawa; headquarters: Singapore; “Eurekahedge”), a subsidiary of Mizuho Bank, Ltd. (President & CEO: Koji Fujiwara; “Mizuho Bank”), has announced that its website system suffered a data breach (Eurekahedge website: http://www.eurekahedge.com).
Please see the attachment(PDF/19KB) for the details of the data breach as announced by Eurekahedge.
Eurekahedge is a hedge fund research and database provider serving corporate clients (mainly institutional investors) and so does not hold bank account numbers, PIN codes, passwords, or credit information.
Because the Eurekahedge system is independent of Mizuho Bank and Mizuho systems, there is no impact on other Mizuho group companies.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this incident.
Eurekahedge profile (http://www.eurekahedge.com/)
- 1. Company name: Eurekahedge Pte. Ltd.
- 2. Established: July 10, 2001
- 3. Headquarters: One Fusionopolis Link, Nexus ＠One–North ♯02–04, Singapore 138542, Republic of Singapore
- 4. Services: Hedge fund research and database provider serving corporate clients
- 5. Locations: Singapore, New York (local subsidiary), Philippines (branch)
- 6. Major shareholder: Mizuho Bank, Ltd. (95％)
- 7. Company history
- – July 2001: Eurekahedge established.
- – March 2011: Mizuho Corporate Bank (now Mizuho Bank) acquires 95％ stake in Eurekahedge, making it a subsidiary.